Venturing Leadership Award
Washington Crossing Council, BSA
The Venturing Leadership Award was developed to recognize Venturing youth and adult leaders for outstanding service. There are levels above the council level but this procedure concerns the council award within the Washington Crossing Council, Boy Scouts of America. The council is allowed a minimum of 2 awards per year. The council may decide to award the full number authorized or none depending on the quality of the nominations received. Annually 50% or more of the awards granted must be to youth members.
Qualifications for Nomination:
- Be registered and involved as a Venturer or Venturing leader for at least one year.
- Hold a leadership position or an office at the unit, district, and/or council.There are additional awards at the Area, Region, and National levels.
- Show exceptional dedication and give outstanding leadership and service to Venturing and to Venturers at the Unit, District and/or Council level.
The process will be for the council to receive nominations for youth or adults up to December 31st of any one year. After December 31 and prior to the Council Recognition Dinner an appointed sub-committee of the council advancement committee will review the nomination forms and recommend to the council advancement committee their proposed recipients. Nomination forms may be attained from the Scouting.org website. Nominations should be sent to the Council Advancement Committee, Washington Crossing Council, BSA, 1 Scout Way, Doylestown, PA 18901 (215 348-9436)
Selection and Presentation:
Upon approval, the council will notify the honoree and the nominator so that the award may be made available for presentation at the council recognition dinner and other appropriate venues which may include a special unit court of honor and/or a council-wide Venturing activity. Persons who are not selected may be considered in subsequent years through the submittal of a new nomination by the December 31 deadline.
Recognition Items: If awarded the following will be presented to the recipient:
- Venturing Leadership Award Certificate
- Medallion suspended from a Blue and White Ribbon
- Venturing Leadership Award Square Knot