The scholarship could potentially cover the requested amount, up to 50% of the published fee.
Who is Eligible for the Scholarship?
Those eligible to apply for a scholarship include:
- Youth Participants – Any youth who has been approved to be a USA contingent member (ages 14-17 during the time of the Jamboree).
- 3rd Assistant Scoutmasters that have been approved to serve and are between the ages of 18-26.
- International Service Team (IST) and Contingent Management Team (CMT) members that have been approved to serve as either IST or CMT and are between the ages of 18-26.
Scholarship Application Process
The Scholarship application process will commence with an online application to allow each potential recipient to demonstrate their financial need. An “Application Tip Sheet” is available under “Resources” on the USA Contingent Website at wsj2019.us. This tip sheet will list the questions that will be asked on the Scholarship Application and we highly recommend reviewing these before you start the process.
IMPORTANT – Applicants should ensure they are prepared to complete the application process once they log in to the system. You will only be allowed to enter this form one time. You will need your My.Scouting credentials to start the Scholarship Application Process. For assistance with your My.Scouting credentials, contact the Member Care Contact Center at 972-580-2489, available Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm CST.
As part of the process, the local council will have the opportunity to review the application, give their consent to the Scholarship application, as well as a suggested scholarship amount. Once the application process has closed, the Region/Area representative will then be required to review and approve the scholarship requests and rank the strength of the application. Once each application has been ranked, the Region Coordinators will compile all the applications from their Regions and propose the scholarship amounts for each applicant. Each Region Coordinator will submit their slate of scholarship recipients to the CMT for approval. Recipients will be notified of the award amounts.
- March 1, 2018 – Scholarship application opens online
- July 31, 2018 – Application process closes; to include Council approval and suggested scholarship amounts. Region/Area review commences.
- August 31, 2018 – Regions/Areas to submit scholarship recommendations to CMT. CMT to commence final review for distribution.
- September 12, 2018 – Target of Applicant notification of scholarship award amounts.
Before opening your application, please review the Scholarship Application Guide